Dust flux, Vostok ice core

Dust flux, Vostok ice core
Two dimensional phase space reconstruction of dust flux from the Vostok core over the period 186-4 ka using the time derivative method. Dust flux on the x-axis, rate of change is on the y-axis. From Gipp (2001).

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

PDAC, part 2

A bit of a trying day today. It seems I am being invited on to somebody's Board of Directors, but until a formal offer is made there seems to be little point in going on about it. I was asked to identify a couple of projects or small companies for purchase by private money. I have a line on some money for a project.

Then I spent a lot of time hanging around the Chilean booth, waiting for wine and empenadas.


 Instead of going to the usual drunken company parties, I went to a reception organized by the government of India.


Unfortunately, there were too many dull talks and it took too long to get to the part with the drinks and the food, so we went to the Argentinian reception instead . . .



. . . which was a lot more lively. But after a few drinks, I suddenly found all the dancing couples depressing--probably because I met my wife at PDAC years ago. As I recall, there was a lot of dancing back then, too.

PS

No complaints about the swag this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment